The air we breathe fuels our bodily systems and helps us through daily routines. However, if your child cannot use his or her respiratory system efficiently, overall health and well-being suffers. At Bezack Pediatric Pulmonology in Commack, NY, Dr. Brian Bezack helps families cope with chronic and acute lung conditions for optimal function and growth in children.
What does a pediatric pulmonologist do?
At his Commack, NY, office, pediatric pulmonologist, Dr. Brian Bezack treats children for a wide range of complex lung issues. From premature birth to age 21, this highly trained physician provides the diagnostic testing, mechanical support prescriptions, and treatment plans necessary for optimal respiratory function.
According to statistics from the CDC, 5.5 million American children have asthma. Many more suffer from allergies. Accordingly, a lot of what we do at Bezack Pediatric Pulmonology has to do with these two chronic lung conditions.
It's important to realize children's bodies differ vastly from those of adults. So, pediatric pulmonologists treat young lungs differently than those of adults. Diagnostics and care focus on the needs of the young body and proper growth and development through acute and chronic illness.
What we do at Bezack Pediatric Pulmonology
Accordingly, Dr. Bezack provides services such as:
- Pulmonary function testing to understand how a child moves air
- Analysis of sleep-related breathing disorders such as sleep apnea
- Allergy and asthma testing and treatment
- Treatment of chronic cough and interstitial lung disease
- Support of children dependent on technologies, such as respirators and other breathing assistance, for chronic respiratory failure
- Treatment for premature infants with underdeveloped lungs (surfactant replacement therapy) and damage from prolonged ventilator support
- Treatment of tuberculosis, pneumonia, and other communicable respiratory diseases
- Management of congenital defects of the chest wall and spine
Additionally, we provide education for families. Your pediatric pulmonologist delivers information and coaching on your child's individualized plan of care, including medications, airway clearance, nutrition, oxygen therapy, and more. Dr. Bezack communicates with the pediatrician and other health care providers to keep them up-to-date on your child's health status as it relates to the respiratory system.
Come see us
Dr.Brian Bezack is your child's go-to pediatric pulmonologist. Let us help him or her breathe, play, learn and grow well with optimal lung function. Call Bezack Pediatric Pulmonology for a consultation at our Commack, NY office: (631) 499-1298.